The project “A Future with Confidence” was launched by The Art, Science and Sport Charity Foundation in 2013 in order to help teenagers who find themselves in difficult life situations integrate into society.
“A Future with Confidence” features:
- an original programme; the main objective of this programme is to help children in childcare institutions (orphanages, boarding schools, etc.) discover their individuality and potential, and overcome feelings of isolation, and obtain knowledge and skills necessary for a confident transition into adulthood.
- effective classes for learning, consolidating and presenting knowledge, which is achieved in a number of ways: a personal touch, a modern format, and an optimum combination of theory and practice. The project comes in from two directions: online master classes and lectures (webinars) on www.tomyfuture.ru and offline meetings “Check-in”, during which the children are able to meet some of the best teachers, mentors and lecturers in their fields of expertise. They also participate in quests and competitions, engage in creative work, and go on educational field trips.
- a social network designed specifically for children in orphanages and boarding schools, pupils of remedial schools, as well as for children with disabilities enrolled on distance learning programmes. Each member has a personal online account, the ability to add friends, to send messages to each other, and to share ideas and thoughts.
- a special incentive system with scores, awards and titles awarded for successful participation in the programme’s webinars, contests and homework, which are transformed into an internal “currency” and at the end of each season can be exchanged for valuable prizes. There are virtual medals given for consistent work and outstanding achievements in studies and sport. In 2018, all participants’ scores from seasons past and present will be tallied, and the best of the best will go abroad to receive training on the individual programme.
- activity across a vast territory, which by 2017 brought together 13 regions of Russia, 24 social institutions and more than 250 children, with whom there is a regular and direct communication. The number of participants in the programme grows each month. The Foundation is open for cooperation with institutions able to innovate processes and who are willing to motivate and supervise training of their students.
In 2015 the project “A Future with Confidence” became the laureate of prestigious National Program “Best Social Projects of Russia”.
Project website: www.tomyfuture.ruPhoto