The Dynamo Moscow Women’s Volleyball Club

 

The Dynamo Moscow Women’s Volleyball Club was established in 1926.

14 years after its opening, Dynamo entered the National Soviet arena and took 7th place at the USSR Volleyball Championship.

The “Dynamo-Ladies” saw numerous victories, at the USSR Championships in 1947, 1951, 1953, 1954 and 1955, and the USSR Cups of 1950, 1951 and 1953.

In 1960 and 1962, the “Dynamo-Ladies” continued their string of victories and entered the international arena, becoming a participant of the European Champions Cup.

The team has repeatedly won the European Champions Cup (1961, 1963, 1965, 1968, 1969 — 1972, 1974, 1975, 1977).

In the turbulent Perestroika years, the team struggled to keep up its international status. At the end of the seasons 1988-1989, Dynamo took 11th place, which was second-to-last and had to leave the Major Leagues. For two more years the team played in the second division, until in 1992 it temporarily ceased to exist.

The Dynamo Moscow Women’s Volleyball Club was re-established in 2004 and in the very same year won the silver medal at the Russian Super-League Championship. It was also among the finalists for the Russian Cup.

Dynamo were Russian Champions in 2006, 2007 and 2009, winners of the Russian Cup in 2009 and 2011, runners-up of the European Champions League 2007 and 2009, silver medallists of the Russian Championship in 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, and runners-up of the European TOP Cup in 2006. Today the Women’s Volleyball Team is rebuilding and expanding the victorious traditions of the “Dynamo-Ladies”.

In 2013 the Art, Science and Sport Charity Foundation sponsored the coaching and training project of Dynamo’s youth team. The Foundation also supported the purchase of new sports uniforms for the youth team.